Thursday, May 14, 2009

Done



So I went in to my hair appointment feeling selfish... I have this weird thing with donating my hair to locks of love and I feel bad about cutting off anything more than 2 inches. I think "it won't take long to get 8 more inches". I am blessed with hair. I never want to take this little thing for granted and I never want to be so attached to something that I could easily cut off and give to someone that is going through something much harder than I ever have.

So I guess this is my version of "shout out Sunday" (Lyd and Candace!) This is a shout out to one of my best friends growing up. Jessica Nicholson, who struggled with Leukemia for the first 11 years of her life. I remember seeing her face light up when she got her first wig and I will NEVER forget that moment. She is now going on 14 years cancer free. Living as a normal healthy woman. Praise God. He is our HEALER.









6 comments:

Katie said...

It looks beautiful!

Danae said...

i love it! so pretty.

Jack said...

Looks good, Richard.

And take it from somebody who is currently losing his - hair is a blessing.

Grace said...

your hair looks so good.

The Family said...

love it sis! i had much fun with jess this weekend, we missed you here together!

lydia :)

p.s. that comment from jack chaney was funny. haha.

The Steenecks said...

So cute!