Sunday, August 30, 2009

my heart is being transformed...not conformed.

It is amazing to me the way that the Lord decides to speak to my heart. I have said this many times before and I will probably say it again and again... and again. I was recently on facebook and one of my friends status update said this " (insert name here) is being transformed...not conformed". This struck my heart immediately and I agreed with his statement. The Lord is really speaking to my heart on some major issues right now and He is really trying to transform my heart to be more like His. This process has been really hard (and I'm sure will continue to be hard) but even more than hard, it has been good... really good. This is what I learned at church this morning:

I kept hearing this phrase, "Lord bless me with a husband that loves You more than me". Now this would not be my normal prayer. A) because mostly I am too prideful to pray for a future husband and B) since my sophmore year of high school, I have desired to know what it feels like to be #1 in somebody's life. A man choosing me over EVERYTHING else in this world because I am the best option for him. But as the Lord is TRANSFORMING my heart, I don't want to be first. I want to be second. (obviously I still want to be the first woman) I want a man that KNOWS God's voice and LISTENS to Him and that values what I KNOW and HEAR from Him. I want a man that loves our God more than he loves me. And I want to love God more than I love a man. Not in a creepy weird Christian way, but in a true and honest way, because I have learned that if my God is not first in my life then I have nothing.

Romans 12:2~"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."

Jesus, please continue to transform my heart and make me more like you.

4 comments:

Candace said...

Wow. Good stuff, sister.

The Family said...

that's awesome. i love, love, love it. really. cool. shall i continue?

:)lyd

Lauren said...

When you said if God is not first, you have nothing... AMEN! Learning that the hard way.

I love you. I miss you. I wish we could pray and talk and grade papers together. Mwah!

Caroline Harries said...

good stuff!