Saturday, September 24, 2011

I am super handy

Today I became a true homeowner... You see, my faucet on the bathtub broke. To be more specific, the "pull thingy" (technical term I know) that makes the water come out of the shower just broke off. I feel like it is from 1952 so I wasn't too shocked. So I made a trip to home depot, the first of three, to get a new "pull thingy". But alas, they do not sell said "pull thingy" alone. YOU HAVE TO BUY A WHOLE NEW FAUCET... After two more trips to Home Depot, several calls to my brother and father, and a new boyfriend named Dave that has tats on his fore arms and is approximately 63 (he helped me at HD), my faucet is fixed and we can shower again! I am so proud of myself.




I also bought a fire pit and tiki torches for my back yard. It was a productive day if I do say so myself! Those pictures will come later!

2 comments:

The Steenecks said...

I had to reread the boyfriend sentence twice...I just saw boyfriend and got really excited! ;) love you

lifeinthevillage said...

I am totally impressed. I've never done such a thing.

and p.s. you are totally handy!