Tuesday, November 29, 2011

hmmm

This was in a devotion I did a few months back... I feel like I need to read this every day until I truly understand the seriousness of this concept.

In Psalms 1:1 he compares the natural tree to the spiritual man. Trees were made to be rooted and established where they have access to water, they were made to KNOW water. And we were made to know God’s word. It’s how we were created. When either is deprived of their natural need, they fall short of what they were intended to do. They whither and wilt, their branches become bare, they provide no shade for the weary, and have no fruit to offer others. But as they begin to drink their intended life-source, their roots become sturdy and secure. Their boughs and branches grow long and strong until... fruit!

1 comment:

lifeinthevillage said...

amen- and how I can tell when my branches are getting weak. it's a sad situation. i read this and cdc's blog this morning and was encouraged/reminded/motivated. thanks sis- love you!