Monday, December 10, 2012

Good Golly

On days like today, it is really easy to forget that I have a purpose in teaching. It is really easy to get annoyed. Really easy to get frustrated. Really easy to look for secretary job openings.

However, I am remembering that I get to choose. I get to choose to overcome annoyance and ask God to show me the root of the incredibly large attitude. I get to choose to show grace in the midst of their attitude. And I get to stick it out and remember that tomorrow is a new day, full of mercy and grace from the one that pours it out oh so often to me. I choose to speak life. I choose to be a light in the darkness. And I choose to receive grace when I mess it all up.


3 comments:

Team Harries said...

Amen! Lots of prayers for patience :) Liking the new design of your blog :)

lifeinthevillage said...

I love you! Amen and amen.

Grace said...

It is EASY to get frustrated, annoyed, downtrodden, overwhelmed, etc. You're right... it's EASY.
And you're right that we have a choice! We CHOOSE the easy or challenging path. We CHOOSE to be beaten or sharpened by our circumstances.

I love this post. It's challenging! Thanks.