Saturday, March 7, 2009

the bachelor + scripture = revelation

So I love it when I watch trashy t.v. or movies and the J man speaks to my heart. This past week was the finale of the bachelor and to make a long story short he (the bachelor Jason) ended up being very very shady. He didn't give direct answers, kept apologizing, and was really just obnoxious. All that to say he wanted so badly not to hurt anyone's feelings that he just ended up hurting them more than he would have if he had been straight forward and direct. I was reading in Ephesians, and in chapter 4 verse 15 it says ..."Rather, speaking the TRUTH IN LOVE we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ"
I never want to be a person that is so afraid of hurting someone that I hurt them more by not speaking the TRUTH to them. I don't want to be passive and I don't want to miss out on blessings of the Father because I have a "hardened heart" vs. 18. "They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart."

So help me Jesus, speak Truth and Life into the people around me. Not partial truth but your Truth.

4 comments:

The Family said...

well spoken my sister. i was just thinking the other day about how amazing it is when jesus speaks to us in things that are not typical. he can use anything to draw us to himself, even the bachelor!!!

lyd

rachel blackwell said...

OH yeah!!! I'm so glad you have a blog!

The Steenecks said...

YAY for a new blogging friend!!!

Love ya!

Grace said...

erin. you raise a REALLY good point here in this post. passivity is DANGEROUS. people think it's meekness or kindness, but it's not. it really hurts people. just as one of my brothers... he'll testify.

i'm going to put this topic in my back pocket and try to write something about it soon. thanks for planting a seed.